Do you know your ancestors in Germany? Where do I come from? At some time in our lives most people begin to ask this question. Where are my roots? Who were my ancestors? What were their names? Where, when and how did they live? Do I still have
Do you know your ancestors in Germany?
Where do I come from? At some time in our lives most people begin to ask this question. Where are my roots? Who were my ancestors? What were their names? Where, when and how did they live? Do I still have family there who I have yet to meet?
All these questions live deep within us and wait for an answer.
For overseas citizens it may be especially difficult to do this research. First comes the trip to Germany, finding the right towns then most difficult of all is trying to read the old German script. Most people today cannot read it. So I offer my help to research for your ancestors.
Since more than 30 years I research as genealogist and work since 15 years for PRO HERALDICA, German Society for Heraldry and Genealogical Researching, the market leader in Germany of this sector
The town of Meiningen – in the county of Thuringia (Thüringen) – is centrally located in Germany. My genealogical sphere of activities reaches to all of the following regions:
- The Great Dukedom of Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach
- The Dukedom of Sachsen-Meiningen (with Hildburghausen)
- The Dukedom of Sachsen-Altenburg-Eisenberg
- The Dukedom of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha
- The Principality of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen
- The Principality of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt
- The Principalities of Reuss – Older and Younger Line
- The Province of Sachsen of the Kingdom of Prussia (Preußen)
- The Kingdom of Saxony (Sachsen)
- The Province of Sachsen of the Kingdom of Prussia
- The Principality Anhalt
- The Great Dukedom of Hessen-Darmstadt
- The Great Principality of Hessen-Cassel
- The Principality of Hessen-Nassau
- The Principality of Waldeck
- The Bishopric of Fulda
- The Bishopric of Bamberg
- The Bishopric of Würzburg (Wuerzburg)
- The Principality of Bayreuth
- The Principality of Ansbach
- The Principality of Sulzbach
All of these areas are within 200 km of where I live, a one day trip. Please click on the map picture to see the position of Meiningen.
I will send you copies and photocopies of the old church records, if the copies are allowed. I will provide you with translations and explanations of what the records tell us. I would also include photos of the places and some of the surrounding landscape, if you want it.
Please contact me for more information about my genealogical service and I hope that you will pass this information on to your circle of friends.
Schöne Aussicht 16,
Telefon: +49 (0) 3693 42595
Email: B-M-B t-online.de